Beyond Screen-Free Week
Healthy Kids in a Digital World
- 7 Parent-Tested Tips to Unplug and Play – Real-life strategies for reducing children’s screen time from parents who have done it — and have noticed a world of difference.
- Healthy Kids in a Digital World Brochure – A handout for parents and caregivers with tips, facts, screen-free activity ideas, and more, available in a tri-fold brochure or as a free download.
- 10 Steps to Screen-Proof Our Homes – From rearranging the furniture to setting limits, simple steps you can take to make your home less screen-centric.
- Family Meals: Let’s Bring Them Back – Why screen-free meals are so important.
- The Screen-Free Guide to Showers for Harried Parents of Infants and Toddlers – Tips from busy parents on getting clean without a screen!
- Helping Babies Entertain Themselves Screen-Free: An Introduction
- Playful Learning Checklist – “Playdough to Plato” releases this checklist each month with play ideas for a specific season.
- Healthy Digital Media Use Habits – Suggestions for appropriate media use for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.
Facing the Screen-Dilemma
- A guide to help early educators and child care providers make developmentally-appropriate decisions about screen use in their settings. (En Español, In Deutsch)
- Handouts for early childhood professionals and families:
- Facing the Screen Dilemma: A Summary for Early Childhood Professionals
- Un Resumen Para Profesionales de la Primera Infancia
- Picture Books for Screen-Free Week – A list of children’s books that celebrate the joys of interacting with the unplugged world.
- Essential Book Guide – Common Sense Media suggests books based on age, which will get kids excited about reading.
The Ultimate Screen-Free Challenge
- A successful year-long screen time reduction program from the South Orange/Maplewood, NJ school district.