2018 Screen-Free Week Events
Taking a break from TV, laptops, tablets, smartphones, and video games is easier–not to mention more fun–when you’re taking a break with others.
Here are just a few of the great events planned for Screen-Free Week 2018. Don’t see an event in your state? Organizing a Screen Free Week is easy. Check out our handouts and resources for inspiration, then register your event to be listed here!
** indicates that the event is open to the public
- Bob L. Burger Recreation Center, located in Lafayette, invites the public to sign up for their FREE Screen-Free Week program, no later than April 27. Participants will receive a pass to the Recreation Center for the week of April 30 – May 6, as well as a free book from the Lafayette Public Library. Register online or in person at the Bob L. Burger Recreation Center.**
- In Avon, the Pine Grove Elementary School will be celebrating Screen-Free Week with a variety of outdoor activities.
- Students at Jerome Harrison Elementary School in North Branford will be celebrating Screen-Free Week this year.
- In Wethersfield, come celebrate Screen-Free Week with some ice cream! On Tuesday, May 1, join Emerson-Williams Elementary School as they celebrate Screen-Free Week at Main Street Creamery & Cafe, which will donate 20% of all sales from 4-7 p.m. that day to Emerson-Williams’ PTO. Or join Hanmer Elementary School at Main Street Creamery & Cafe on Thursday, May 3, when 20% of all sales from 4-7 p.m. that day will be donated to Hanmer’s PTO.**
- Homewood Public Library will be celebrating Screen-Free Week on Tuesday, May 1, with a screen-free version of karaoke for kids.**
- In Frederick County, students at seven public elementary schools will be participating in a pilot program for Screen-Free Week. They will be partnering with The Original Playhouse, a children’s museum in New Market that offers educational spaces and an outdoor garden playground.
- Students at Shrewsbury Borough School in Shrewsbury will be participating in Screen-Free Week.
- St. Francis Farm will be celebrating Screen-Free Week early to coincide with school break, which runs from April 23-April 28. Expect free events for families in and around Orwell, at St. Francis Farm and at participating sponsors in the area.**